MEETING WITH BTRC HIGH OFFICIALS &e-COMMERCECOMPANIES
Subject: BTRC Permission required to sell Radio equipment
|Venue:||Conference room no. 711 Spectrum Division, BRTC , IEB Bhabon, Ramna, Dhaka -1000|
|Brig. Gen. Md. Shahidul Alam, PBGMS, Director General, Spectrum Division.|
|Engr. Md. Mehfuz Bin Khaled, Deputy Director, Engineering & Operations Division.||email@example.com|
|Mr. Md. Zahid Hasan Chowdhury, Assistant Director, Spectrum Divisionfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mr. Mohammad Mehedi Hasan, General Manageremail@example.com|
|Mr. Nahid Hasan Rizvee, Deputy General Managerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Online Business Platform|
|Tech Solution BD||Mr. Abdullh Md. Sujon, IT Executiveemail@example.com|
|Mr. Mahmudul Hasan, Marketing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Electrotech BD||Mr. Assaduzzaman, Managing Partneremail@example.com|
|Mr. Abdullah Al Mahmood, CEOfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Crystal Solution BD||Mr. Jewelemail@example.com|
Outcome: According to BTRC URGENT NOTICE on 21 November 2018 in Daily Jugantor News Paper (copy attached). BTRC called a meeting on 11 June 2019 without BTRC approval e-Commerce companies cannot sell any Radio equipment products. Without BTRC permission any kind of radio equipment product import, store, sell & marketing are offence as per act on 2001 rules 55(1) BTRC law.
It is observed that, some e-commerce companies are selling radio equipment through online platform and it is to be mentioned here that following radio equipment products cannot be sold without permission:
- Mobile Phone
- Network Booster/ Mobile Signal Booster
- Radio Frequency Jammer
In that meeting, Brig. Gen. Md. Shahidul Alam, PBGMS, Director General, Spectrum Division, BTRC strongly mentioned that before 31 July 2019 all e-commerce companies have to take approval from BRTC for selling any Radio equipment products. Otherwise, BTRC will take legal action against them as per rules and regulation as stated above.
In addition to the above, all e-commerce companies have to comply with the following instructions with immediate effect.
- Walkie-Talkie: To import and use walkie-talkie, the user must obtain prior permission (No Objection Certificate, NOC) to use radio equipment and radio frequency from BTRC. After getting NOC from BTRC, user may import radio equipment by himself or through enlisted vendor of BTRC. In this context, all advertisements must contain the above-mentioned information.
- Mobile Phone: Without taking permission from BTRC all kind of Mobile phone importation are strictly prohibited. Only permitted Mobile phone models are allowed for advertisement.
- Network Booster/ Mobile Signal Booster: Without taking prior permission from BTRC importation and use of all kind of Network Booster/ Mobile Signal Booster are strictly prohibited. Network Booster/ Mobile Signal Booster which are imported by the getting permission from BTRC shall only be allowed to be advertised for selling.
- Radio Frequency Jammer: Importation and usage of Radio Frequency Jammer are strictly prohibited. Hence, all advertisement of Radio Frequency Jammer must be stopped immediately.
All of you are requested to contact to the following officials for any further queries;
|Engr. Md. Mehfuz Bin Khaled,
Deputy Director, Engineering &Operations Division
Phone: +880 2 9611111 (Ext 623)
Cell: +880 1552202775
|Md. Zahid Hasan Chowdhury,
Assistant Director, Spectrum Division
Phone: +880 2 9611111 (Ext 369)
Cell: +880 1552202849